Thursday, April 29, 2010

Question Thursday: Which book do you wish had a sequel?

I love immersing myself in an great series of books.  Sometimes it is hard to settle for a stand-alone novel when you want to devour an absorbing series of three or thirteen.  Obviously, there are lots of awesome stand-alone novels that are perfect exactly as they are, and not every book series is made of excellence from start to finish.  But I love the torturous suspense of awaiting a sequel, and I love reading more about characters that I adore.  :)


Are there any books you wish had been the first in a series rather than stand-alone novels?  One book that immediately comes to mind for me is Robin McKinley's Sunshine.  Rae and Constantine's world seemed richly prepared for continuing adventures, and I wasn't completely ready to close the book on their story as I turned the final pages of that novel.  So I was disappointed to learn that Sunshine would never have a sequel.  What book (or books) do you wish had a sequel?        

7 comments:

Midnight Sapphire Books said...

Well I have to answer your question with that same book!!! It was great and the end left you like it was a sequel coming out. But noo, I was eager to continue with the story.

That's the one that I can remember right now, because my books mostly are series ... and the ones that aren't part of a series, doesn't need a sequel.

Jenni Elyse said...

I completely agree with you on Sunshine. Sunshine felt like it was more of a middle book than a beginning book too. I thought there were so many unanswered questions. I really wanted to know more. A sequel and possibly a prequel would be awesome!

Anna said...

Yep, sunshine.

llt806 said...

Yes, I have to chime in too with SUNSHINE. After connecting with and spending time with Sunny and Constantine I expected to see at least another novel.

Violet said...

Midnight Sapphire Books, Jenni Elyse, Anna, and llt806 - Wow! I did not expect unanimous answers. I am happy to hear that I am in such good company wishing for a Sunshine sequel. :) As much as I enjoyed that book, it really did feel like Sunshine and Constantine's story was just beginning by the end of the book.

Candace said...

I hear that a lot on this one. I didn't love the book but it kind of read like a first in a series type book and I think that the second book (if it were ever to exist, and I'm hearing no so far) would be better. I can't think of any off the top of my head that I wish would have a sequel though. It seems like most books are series or trilogies anymore.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Benjolan Akibat Amandel Bengkak
Cara Mengobati Osteomalacia
Obat Sarkoma Kaporsi
Obat Jantung Berdebar Untuk Ibu Hamil
Obat Kanker Leher Rahim Herbal
Obat Tumor Telinga Luar
Obat Wasir Ibu Hamil Muda Dan Tua
Penanganan TBC Paru
Obat Untuk Menghilangkan Tumor Bibir
Obat Menghilangkan Diabetes Melitus Tipe 1