Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Matched by Ally Condie

My teaser:
"Marking time until our visit is over.  Marking time until his life is over.  Although, if you think about it, I am marking time for my own life, too.  Every minute you spend with someone gives them a part of your life and takes part of theirs."

- page 65 of Matched (ARC) by Ally Condie





Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.  Anyone can play along!  Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share a few 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away!  You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

17 comments:

jlshall said...

Haven't heard of this one before. Interesting thought, and an excellent teaser!

Angela @ Reading Angels said...

I should be getting this one soon! So excited! That's a great teaser!

Deepali said...

Very nice cover!
Here is the teaser:
e-Volving Books

I also have an entirely new style for the blog - including a brand new, self-designed Header!
And a new name!! Come check it out :)

Natasha said...

Great teaser! I seen this book around, maybe I'll pick it up!

Here's mine: http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday9.html

Belinda said...

Great teaser and I agree, I love the cover. Thanks for sharing :)

Here's my teaser

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

thought provoking! i like it!

Sullivan McPig said...

Very interesting teaser. I have been thinking of reading this one, but still not sure if it's my kind of book

Jillian said...

I absolutely love the cover for this one! It's waiting for me on my bookshelf to be read. Great teaser this week!

zetor said...

Good teaser. Love the header on your blog, very pretty!

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your book. Mine's from How to Crash a Killer Bash by Penny Warner.

Dazzling Mage said...

I think this is the first time I read a teaser from this book. It's curious.

Anonymous said...

But it's that trade that makes life worth living.

Kate E. said...

Great teaser. I absolutely adored Matched! I cna't wait until it's out and everyone can read it :)

Jessi E. said...

Wow - that sounds so profound. I can't wait till I get to read this book.

Here's mine from Wicked Lovely

Outi said...

What a gorgeous cover! Interesting teaser too, and quite true.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I really like that passage. I've never thought about relationships that way, but it's very true.

Candace said...

Great teaser! I plan to read this one soon so I can send it on to Angel! I can't wait!