'Graham Thomas' roses
This week's featured flowers are - 'Graham Thomas' roses! These pretty yellow roses bloom in large, lovely clusters and smell wonderful. This is the first time we've featured a flower that is not from our own yard, so I don't have any personal experience with growing this rose, but they happen to be in bloom at our favorite city park right now and I just couldn't resist snapping a couple photos of them while we were at the park this afternoon. I am excited to learn more about them and am already trying to figure out if we could make space to fit 'Graham Thomas' into our yard. To learn more about about 'Graham Thomas' roses, check out Dave's Garden's Graham Thomas page, Backyard Gardener's Graham Thomas page, or HelpMeFind's Graham Thomas page.
A few book and blogosphere updates:
1. Our Stupid Shiny Designs contest ends on Tuesday (8/31), so be sure to stop by and enter if you haven't already! Click here to enter. Our Richelle Mead giveaway also ends Tuesday (8/31), so if you would like the chance to win a signed copy of Vampire Academy click here to enter that giveaway.
2. Julie Kagawa shared an excerpt from The Iron Queen on Harlequin's Blog. Click here to get a sneak peek of what Meghan and Ash are up to in The Iron Queen. :-)
3. Escape from Reality is giving away a copy of Sophie Jordan's Firelight. The contest ends 8/31. You can stop by to check out that contest here.
This fun meme is hosted by Froggarita's Bookcase. Every Friday Froggarita asks five questions so we can all get to know each other better. The only rule is that you can't use the same answer twice within your five! Ready to play? Leave your answers in the comments or leave us a link to your own Friday's Fab Five post.
1. What is your favorite tree?
Jacaranda! I absolutely love Jacaranda trees, but they won't survive the winters where we live. We've tried planting and pampering them several times, but never with any success. Eventually we settled for keeping a few baby Jacarandas inside (as bonsai-style houseplants).
2. What is your zodiac sign?
3. How long does it take you to do your grocery shopping?
If the kids are with me, at least an hour. If I am alone, about thirty minutes.
4. How often do you ride a bike?
Not very often.
5. Who is your role model?
My mom. :-)