Monday, July 12, 2010
Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Mini Challenge : Favorite Fictional Couples!
It's the first day of the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon! Are you off to a good start so far? I am excited to help kick off the read-a-thon with a two-part mini challenge today. :-) As I mentioned in my Reading List post, today happens to be my anniversary so my mind is on love and romance at the moment and this mini challenge is all about favorite fictional couples.
We are giving away two books featuring couples we love, and all you have to do to be eligible for both prizes is to post about your favorite fictional couple and a crossover couple that you would like to see. A crossover couple is a pairing that brings together two characters from unrelated books. You can post your responses on your blog, facebook, or twitter & then share the links to your responses in the Mr. Linky boxes below so that we can all stop by to read about your choices. You are welcome to post about several of your favorite fictional couples and/or crossover couples, but each participant may only submit one link per mini challenge contest. If you answer both questions in a single blog post, please share that link in both of the Mr. Linky boxes below so that you will be entered in each half of this mini challenge. Thanks! One winner will be selected at random from each Mr. Linky list once the read-a-thon is over on July 14th, 2010 at 11:59 PM. (Note: This contest is international as long as the The Book Depository ships to your location. You can check that here.)
Mini Challenge Part 1: Post about your favorite fictional couple and enter to win a copy of Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder!
A few of my favorite fictional couples include:
1. Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables
2. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice
3. Alanna of Trebond and George Cooper from the Song of the Lioness series
4. Clary Fray and Jace Wayland from City of Bones
5. Yelena and Valek from Poison Study
Favorite Fictional Couple Links:
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare!
A few crossover couples I would like to see:
1. Isabelle Lightwood from City of Bones & Nick Ryves from The Demon's Lexicon
2. Bertie from Eyes Like Stars & Puck from The Iron King
3. Maia from City of Ashes & Derek from the Darkest Powers series
4. Katsa from Graceling & Silas from Sisters Red
5. Claudia from Incarceron & Cassel from White Cat
Favorite Crossover Couple Links: