Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Pegasus by Robin McKinley

My teaser:
"Sylvi could see him standing up straighter and squaring his unpleasantly broad shoulders: she always thought of him in terms of how much light he blocked.  She understood with increasing alarm that her tiny mistake was not tiny at all."

- page 66 of Pegasus (ARC) by Robin McKinley

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.  Anyone can play along!  Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share a few 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away!  You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

8 comments:

Sunny said...

I really like the phrasing there - how she thinks of him in terms of much light he blocks! Nice!

Here’s my tease:
http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-soulless.html

Jennifer said...

Very interesting and descriptive. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-as-the-sycamore-grows.html

Chachic said...

You have an ARC of Pegasus! I'm jealous. I don't know when it'll become available here.

Marg said...

I have heard so many good things about Robin McKinley's books. One of these days I will read one!

Thanks for visiting my teaser this week, and I will be back to hear about your Lois McMaster Bujold experience

Tampa BookWorm said...

I got an ARC of Pegasus as well and loved it! What a true teaser since it is not out yet!!! lol

Candace said...

AAAAAHHHHHHH! I can't wait to read this book! Lucky you for having a copy!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Ooo nice :) I am totally itching for this book. And the cover? Just gorgeous!

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Turunkan Berat Badan Obesitas Maka Akan Terhindar Diabetes
Bahaya Konsumsi Semut Jepang Bagi Penderita Diabetes
Merokok Sebabkan Penyakit Kanker Serviks
Waspadai Beberapa Gejala Penyakit Diabetes Melitus Ini
Gejala Kehamilan Anak Pertama Yang Sering Dirasakan
Bahaya Kekurangan Serat Pada Tubuh Kita
Ciri Ciri Bentuk Tahi Lalat Yang Merupakan Gejala Kanker
Kandungan Yang Ada Di Dalam Durian Bagi Kesehatan
Cara Yang Bisa Di Lakukan Ketika Anak Terkena Asma
Tips Peningkat Gairah Seks Pria