Friday, March 5, 2010

Flower Friday: Crocus

Crocus

This week’s featured flower is one of our earliest bloomers each year: crocus!  These little purple flowers with their bright orange centers begin to appear each February and always help remind us that spring is on the way.  We have planted several different varieties of crocus bulbs (both autumn & spring blooming varieties), and all of them provide extremely low-maintenance bursts of color each year.  For more information about crocuses, you can visit My Web Garden or The Gardener’s Network

Book note:  I read Rachel Hawkins’ Hex Hall today & hope to get reviews posted for Lauren Oliver’s Before I Fall & Shelena Short’s The Pace over the weekend.  I’ve started reading Heather Webber’s Truly, Madly, and Amy Brecount White’s Forget-Her-Nots is up next in my TBR pile.  Next week looks like it will include Lindsay Eland’s Scones and Sensibility and Lauren Kate’s Fallen.

3 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

I have three of those popping out of the ground in my front yard. They didn't show up last year, but I'm excited to see them this year. :)

Violet said...

Glad your crocuses are blooming this year, Jenni! :) I love those little pops of color brightening the last few weeks of winter.

aisyahputrisetiawan said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Tips Penghilang Benjolan Di Leher
Pengobatan Diabetes Basah Herbal
Obat Tumor Tulang Non-Kanker
Cara Mencegah Datangnya Penyakit TBC
Obat Hamil Anggur Herbal
Obat Tradisional Tumor Bibir
Obat Toksoplasma Untuk Ibu Hamil
Obat Penghilang Wasir Pada Ibu Hamil
Obat Kehamilan Ektropik
Cara Mengobati Patah Tulang Pinggul